CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Fahrenheit post #1


Are there any settings in the novel which you have found to be beautiful? Or disturbing? Or memorable? Describe these settings and comment on why they were meaningful to you.

There was a lot of different settings that one could choose to be significant, but most of them were places that we can all see in this world. Therefore, most of the settings in the book related to me, so you can say that I had hard time finding the setting. I found the fire station very beautiful to me. There were a lot of things that I liked about this place, before Guy found out about books and decided to change his mind. It said that Guy worked as a fireman for ten years in that fire station. During those ten years, he worked in the fire station, and mostly he socialized with his friends playing poker and chatting. The main reason why I chose this setting is because I, as a teenager, love socializing with peers and having fun. For Guy, it was to play poker. Maybe the poker represents what peers do for their “fun” time. However, just having fun is not the only reason. Other reasons, such as when Guy made his job more fun by making that poker table with his peers—that’s such an important and beautiful scene: being able to make your job more fun by thinking out of the box.
Personally, my job is to study and be a student. I made my “job” or my student years, fun by joining certain clubs and joining the varsity team. That is how I made my “job” fun. When it came to doing school work, I made it exciting like Guy, by being part of the work and just having fun. By having fun, I don’t mean by sleeping and being inappropriate. Fun, I mean by making something fun out of it. These days, people do their jobs and works as if they have to do it. They never do it from their hearts, and do it with a sigh. What they have to realize is that they can make the job more fun by making something creative and fun out of it. This should be applied to people around the world. World is a big place, which means you can do big things. All you got to do is find the things that will push you. For me it was making fun things out my student life, and for Guy Montag, it was playing poker with his peers. It wasn’t hurting anyone, so its ok to do it.

1 comments:

t.mid said...

Interesting. I had a whole different view-point on this setting. Quite the opposite actually. I saw this setting as how he was describing how dull his life had been for the past ten years. He wakes up, has a normal day, goes to work, plays poker, goes home, and sleeps. Is that really how you would want to spend every single day of your life for ten years?? No! This just shows more and more f the censorship presented in this novel. The government is controlling the people, making them robots. Taking away their lives and making them believe that they DO have lives, because they're having fun. To me, that would get very boring after ten years. But that's good, man. You took this in a different way than I did. Nice.

-Tanner-