CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 6, 2008



Are there any settings in this novel which you have found to be beautiful? or disturbing? or memorable? describe these settings and comment on why they were meaningful to you.



Well, the settings are the home world, the Battle School, the homeland of the buggers, and the Command School. All of them seemed amazing to me, because places like homeland of the buggers, and Command School doesn’t exist, because it seems like it is impossible to build those places in space. If I had to choose a setting, then I would choose the Battle School, especially the battle room. Well, as you see, the Battle School is like a dormitory, and the specific army barracks are like different dorms. This is very relating to me, because I live in a dormitory, and I know how it feels for Ender. When he desired to go back home, I knew how it felt, because I DID feel like that myself. I was homesick, because stuff like dormitory is hard to live for people who are used to “home”. Like Ender, I overcame that fear by fighting that sickness. I tried to make my self busy, like Ender, and had to go through some “long” nights.



As I said, the battle room was the coolest thing for me. It is meaningful to me, because the whole battle room is like a video game, but in real life. When I was younger and still love the idea of making game real, a great example is the battle room. The battle room is a place, where there is no gravity, and is like a real war, but when one is shot they get “frozen,” not die. As you see, the battle room is a dream for most 21st century kids, because it’s a game that has space war principles. For Ender, it was not a game anymore, because he was preparing himself for the Third Invasion, therefore, he took all the battles seriously and thought the battles as a real war. That has inspired me, because we, teenagers, ought to prepare ourselves for the future and get serious with life as we age.

0 comments: